Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 70 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Bug on Ma'am Dora's House
What books have you been reading? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:47 am by Jaorens

» How do you kill boredom?
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:28 am by Jaorens

» Most valued items?
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:26 am by Jaorens

» The secret behind your username!
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:21 am by Jaorens

» Continue the story game!
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:15 am by Jaorens

» The Person Below Me
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:06 am by Jaorens

» Spoil the wish above you!
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:03 am by Jaorens

» Hi! Jaorens' here. =D
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:57 am by Jaorens

» Iceart Search
What books have you been reading? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:54 am by Jaorens

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What books have you been reading?

Go down 
+3
EbilKid
RoseTenTen
Miss Nile
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

What books have you been reading? Empty
PostSubject: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi everyone,

So I'm starting with a new topic here and since I love books, I thought it would be a suitable thing to talk about. XD

So what books has everyone been reading recently? Personally, I must admit that I haven't read in a while but the last book I wrote was Emma, by Jane Austen. I absolutely loved that novel and aren't at all surprised that it's this famous. XD

I am personally quite fond of classical English literature. Shakespeare for plays, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen and Thomas Hardy for novels. I read a good number of those novels and plan on reading more. XD Reading is one of the few things I really enjoy, and it does inspire me for writing as well.

Do tell us about your favorite books and whether you've been reading anything recently. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.snowrosegames.webs.com
RoseTenTen
RoseTenTen

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:01 am

I like Austen books, too. I read Emma a while back and it was nice but I preferred Pride and Prejudice.

My favorite has to be Wuthering Heights, though. Nothing can top that.

Recently I have been looking in reading more modern stories although I can't find anything that interest me enough. My search keeps going.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Well, as I didn't read many books, I really liked Oliver Twist.  I also read a lot of tales from Shakespeare. I liked Macbeth the most, it had the best ending out of the many tales I had read for him. I didn't really read much, so yeah, that's pretty much everything. xD
Back to top Go down
laglag
laglag

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 11:47 pm

The last book i finished was the Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann, i was a pretty amazing book. Before that (in the recent past of cause) ive read a lot from Heinrich Böll, a lot from Hemingway, some stuff by Marshall McLuhan, and finally right now im reading The Man without Qualities by Robert Musil, its quite an amazing book as well, although pretty long.
My favourite play would be Faust by Goethe.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:21 am

I like the classic English literature as well.  Jane Austen wrote some pretty good works although I prefer Pride and Prejudice as well.  Also, I like works by the Bronte sisters and I like the Sherlock Holmes series.  Very Happy

Currently, I've been reading dystopian fiction so I've read The Hunger Games and Divergent series.  I've just started reading The Maze Runner, as I totally liked the movie and was curious as to what the book was like.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Bees2317
Bees2317

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 am

well i am not much into reading like you guys but i read the whole harry potter series (surprises even me lol) and the hunger games is on my list. i suppose i am more into series than one time books
Back to top Go down
laglag
laglag

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:29 pm

phoenixgirl, i can only recommand good ol "1984" by orwell, when its about dystopian stories.
Back to top Go down
PonderingOver
PonderingOver

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Hey I didn't notice this topic before! xD

I like classics as well but like phoenixgirl, I am also beginning to read more utopian and dystopian fiction. Those really amaze me xP I haven't watched The Maze Runner yet but I will soon Very Happy

laglag what's 1984 like? That book has been on my waiting list for so long now but I can't find time to actually read it Razz
Back to top Go down
laglag
laglag

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:21 pm

1984 is very good, and the content is so ahead of its time that it is frightening. 
But be warned it can be disturbing.

When we are alrdeady at dystopian books, "Fahrenheit 451" by bradbury is also very recommendable, and a lot less disturbing than "1984" but as good aas 1984.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What books have you been reading?   What books have you been reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

What books have you been reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General-
Jump to: